By Sarah Lane
May 29, 2004, 14:08


Topic: Permissions

ClassBrain Visitor:

I'm trying to find out how to get permission from the publisher of Helen
Dean Fish's classic story "The Little Red Hen" to borrow an image. Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

ClassBrain Response:

The name of the publisher that has put out the most recent version of that book is Clarion Books. Clarion Books publishes children’s books but is a division of the Houghton Mifflin Company. Here’s what they recommend . . .

General Interest and Children's Permissions:
For information on obtaining permissions for use of any material appearing in Houghton Mifflin Trade Division general interest fiction and nonfiction and children's titles, except dictionary permissions, please contact our Permissions Department.

Requests must be made in writing and may be mailed or faxed. Please state specifically the title and author (and copyright year or edition number, if possible) of the book you are planning to reference, and be as specific as possible regarding the intended use of materials. For selection reprint requests, please allow four to six weeks for response. Response time varies for other types of requests.

The address for our Permissions Department is:

Houghton Mifflin Company
Permissions Department
215 Park Avenue South
New York, New York 10003

You may also contact our general interest and children's Permissions Department by fax at 212-420-5899 or via e-mail at

ClassBrain, Inc.

Learn more about publishers with the help of Google

© Copyright 2003 by