Last Updated: May 29th, 2012 - 03:07:02
| Watermelon Turtle
By National Watermelon Promotion Board
May 28, 2008, 19:18
This watermelon turtle is absolutely adorable and easier than it looks. If you like to carve pumpkins, then you'll have fun with this great summer project for your next party.
|Voila! An Adorable Watermelon Turtle|
Materials Needed For the Watermelon Turtle:
1 Oblong watermelon
Melon baller or other scoop spoon
Channel knife (you can substitute with the top of a standard vegetable peeler)
Dry erase marker
2 Peppercorns, or other eye pieces
Leaves, plants, or other accents as desired
Toothpicks or other skewers
|Working on the shell of the Watermelon Turtle|
Instructions for the Watermelon Turtle:
- Choose an oblong seedless watermelon for carving.
- Wash watermelon and pat dry.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out both sides, using a melon baller.
- Carve out block design in the bottom side, using a channel knife.
- Use a dry erase marker to trace turtle shell, legs, and head on top side of watermelon.
- Carve shapes with knife, and add designs with channel knife.
- Add peppercorns to the eye holes to fill.
- Fill bottom with fruit salad.
- Attach legs and head to shell, using strong toothpicks or skewers, and put on top of salad. Add accents around base with leaves and plants.
© Copyright 2008 by Classbrain.com
Top of Page